Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Remember Being Human

Tina, despite my fear of people certified in CPR, I have to admit that the educational video part of the CPR course is painfully hilarious. I think all educational/corporate videos follow this formula: take everything as normal human language - normal human behavior + retro apparel and hair (always the 80s) + cast everyone off the streets and claim "this could be your big break". The formula always works. I've always wondered what the writing room was like for Arrested Development because it was pure genius, much like 30 Rock. But I've also day dreamt about the people behind these videos who make boring tv magic. I'd like to imagine that their writers room consist of: one of the cavemen from the Geico commercials, an apple, a kitten smoking a cigar, and Corey Feldman. I have a theory that even Meryl Streep couldn't make these videos work. If Sesame Street or Dora the Explorer can be entertaining yet educational, what's the deal Corey Feldman? You have to wonder if they're in on the joke of making awful videos. You know what, it's probably just for the money. I'd do it for the money. If bad movies have the Razzies, I think educational videos should have the Touchies because half of these videos are about sexual harrassment.

Now this is writing:

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is just for fun, so derogatory and offensive comments will not be tolerated.

AddThis

Share |