Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just Walk the Walk


Tina, who the hell stole my chiffon? Where's Andre? Hot tranny mess! Big gay queens! Well the last one was just me. But it's that time of the year again, Project Runway is back and it's an half hour longer! More importantly, Models of the Runway series is gone, like Mr. Turner in Boy Meets Word. Without a word, the show just disappeared. Before MotR, you would always get a small behind-the-scenes look into the PR model cattiness. And you'd be all like, "Girl, those models don't be eating much but they sure be snacking on some drama." I was always intrigued by these glimpses of the models lives, so when PR decided to do MotR, I was more than curious. Unfortunately, it was the most boring thing I'd ever seen, much like when I talk to models at auditions. Actually the extent of our conversations is more like the models think I work at the casting agency, and ask me really obvious questions i.e. "Do I need to know all the lines?" Aside from falling asleep within the first 10 mins of MotR, I was fascinated by the fact that the models kept acting as if they were in a competition. Yes, modeling is a constant competition, but in the context of the show, they are not competing. The designers of Project Runway are competing.

Now models of the runway, hear me out. Then tell me if you are in a competition.

Were there model challenges? No.
Did you produce anything? No, except jealousy over the fact that you eat anything you want and remain thin.
Were there winners? Only the model paired with the WINNING DESIGNER.
Were you being judged? Only by the public.
Were there annoying talking heads? Yes.  My favorite reality show line of all time, "I'm not here to make friends." It's the equivalent to my favorite real life line, "They're just jealous."

So PR has resorted again to tiny model snippets, which again have sparked my interests. But now I know the outcome of diving further into my curiousity: boredom and frustration. I think it's safe to say that the models should be seen and rarely heard, like how some of the series regulars on Glee are treated. On a side note, I do like Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is just for fun, so derogatory and offensive comments will not be tolerated.

AddThis

Share |