Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dance Face

Tina, your daughter says the funniest things like the time she said she danced at parties for a living. Hilariously inappropriate. So I guess teaching her dances I learned in hip hop to Beyonce's "Baby Boy" and Ludacris' "My Chick Bad" are off limits? I will take your silence and eye roll as a no. But can I least teach her how to make a genuine dance face? I will take your silence and eye roll as a yes. Because I have to say, there is nothing more annoying in dance than watching dancers and wanna-be dancers make disturbing, forced dance faces. For example, there's the snooty "Look at me I'm a dancer but I'm taking basic dance" face or "I'm totally gangsta" face which is why my lips are so pursed. Ok, Alice here are some suggestions:
1. Do Zoolander's Blue Steel or Magnum (I'd go with Magnum because then this fancy light somehow emerges behind you.) Believe it or not, that face is pure truth.
2. Use your normal face. You got great eyes, go with it.
3. Don't think, just do. Your personality will come through your body. Because you dance with your body, duh, and not your face. The dancer face will then be organic.
4. If you have to force a dancer face, wear a t-shirt that says "My eyes are down here, buddy" to divert the audience's eyes to your shirt instead. Or wear a boa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is just for fun, so derogatory and offensive comments will not be tolerated.

AddThis

Share |